Devo Platform 8.2.8 Release

Related products: Devo Platform
Devo Platform 8.2.8 Release

This release of the Devo Platform brings you new features to Activeboards, Scheduled reports and User interaction improvements.

Geo Availability

Region Status
CA Released
US Released
EU Released
APAC Released

Table of contents

New Features

Activeboards Unified Y axis

This new feature added in the Line/Column/Area widgets, will allow the user to have all the metrics in the same Y axis and with the same scale. The current behavior (a different Y axis/scale for each metric) will be also available.

Two new methods added to Activeboads language

Method Syntax Description
Take take (query, N) Takes the first N elements from a data set
Sort sort(query, columnName, ‘ASC’ | ‘DESC’) Sorts a dataset by column with ASC/DESC order

Improvements

Scheduled Reports - Hidden Recipients

The To: field will now display as empty when sending Scheduled reports, maintaining privacy for all users.

Scheduled reports - New Information fields

New information fields added:

Field Name Available in
Environment Subject and Content
Domain Subject and Content
Activeboard Name Content
Creation Date Timezone

Content

(specified in Scheduling)

Activeboard ID Content exclusive to error emails

Additional Improvements

• Speed up Activeboard display times.  When opening activeboards, the default activeboard will be loaded, if no default is set, the first activeboard will be loaded. The full activeboard list can be requested from the Activeboard manager.
  • Added new notification to Clone Activeboard command to notify user when an Activeboard is cloned successfully without opening.
  • Improve Activeboad cloning operation, faster and a new spinner added notifying the user of continued action progress in background.
  • Added a description field max character counter to Create new Activeboard dialog.
  • UX improvements to reordering in Table Widget.

Bug Fixes

• Flickering issue fixed with the vertical scrollbar in the Activeboad Manager.
  • Fixed issue with session timeouts
  • Fixed issue with values missing when Menu Always Open was selected.

View the full release in Docs!

Really nice to have this Sort method in Activebords 😍 

Can we also get it in Data Search?

Really nice to have this Sort method in Activebords 😍 

Can we also get it in Data Search?

Thank you for your feedback! We are really glad that you enjoy the sort method in Activeboards.

About it missing in Data Search, we open any new search sorted by `eventdate` by default and then you can use the arrows in the field headers to modify this default sorting.
Could you let us know more about your use case scenario in which you miss a `sort` method in the query language in Data Search?

Yes, I’m aware of the arrows in the field headers and I’m using them a lot. It’ll make my (and probably others) life easier if we can get it in the query directly. For example, when using a saved (favourite) queries to directly show me the events in the order I’d like to see them. I know, it’s one click of the mouse but will be really nice to have it in Data search too 😎

Yes, I’m aware of the arrows in the field headers and I’m using them a lot. It’ll make my (and probably others) life easier if we can get it in the query directly. For example, when using a saved (favourite) queries to directly show me the events in the order I’d like to see them. I know, it’s one click of the mouse but will be really nice to have it in Data search too 😎

I understand your use case and will consider options to improve the usability of sorting options in the Data Search for future releases. Thanks a lot!